- Make sure the hoverboard is by the UL which is an independent safety company.
- Hoverboards are not recommended for little children.
- Consider reputable brands such as Razor Hoverboards.
- Hoverboard battery charging time.
- Speed and range of the electric hoverboard.
- Watch out for price. Some brands overcharge and really don’t provide extra. performance from other cheap hoverboard brands.
- Is your hoverboard legal? Some municipalities have outlawed these products.
When shopping for a cheap hoverboard, you want one that is certified by the UL. Some knockoffs are not and this could be a safety concern. Always double check for the certification before you buy a really cheap hoverboard.
Hoverboards can be dangerous toys for children under 9. The child must be careful and aware of their surroundings, such a other pedestrians or vehicles.
Choosing a more established hoverboard brand can go along way. These companies have better quality components and safety. It’s probably smarter to go with a brand such a Razor when choosing a cheap hoverboard.
Hoverboard battery charging times vary on the model number and manufacturer. Some companies claim charging in as little as three hours.
Hoverboard speed and range can vary between 2-12 mph. Range depends on the how level the terrain is and the weight of the rider. You can expect 2-3 hours of use on most models. Really cheap hoverboards will get less.
When choosing your hoverboard be aware the more expensive models might not provide much more performance than a cheaper one. Always research the specs before you buy.
Again, check with your local laws because some cities have banned hoverboards. They consider them dangerous or a nuisance.
So, when shopping for a super cheap hoverboard make sure to consider these items and get a unit that has good specs and warranty. Check out our hoverboard reviews article to learn more. Have fun and be safe!