The secret to enjoying a good red wine is ensuring that it is properly aerated. Using a wine decanter or an aerator to introduce air into the liquid helps to soften the tannins in the wine, which allows for a fuller flavor profile as you drink. While both products are theoretically used for the same purpose, how they go about it could not be more different. Wine aerators introduce air quickly, giving you a softer wine nearly right out of the bottle. On the other hand, a decanter takes the wine and allows it to air out slowly, which changes the flavor profile all through the night. No matter which tool you use, you’re sure to have a great wine experience. Below are the top wine aerators and wine decanters available on the market today.
There are lots of choices when it comes to choosing your next wine aerator and decanter. You want something that’s easy to use and easy to clean, but also does a good job aerating the wine. The decanters and aerators outlined above are just a few out of dozens available, chosen because of their effectiveness, their overall usefulness, and the customer’s satisfaction. Whether you’re looking for something small to fit on the end of your bottle, or something to hold several bottles for your next event, a wine decanter or a wine aerator are absolutely necessary to make your next glasses of wine unforgettable.
Ullo Wine Purifier with Display Base
This wine purifier by Ullo is not only an aerator, but it also removes sulfites from the wine, resulting in a purer, cleaner taste. Some people are allergic to the sulfites in red wine, however this product removes them almost completely, resulting in fewer allergic reactions. One wine filter is good for up to 750 ml of wine, after which the paper filter will need to be replaced. At the flip of a switch, this purifier aerates your wine as well.
- Aerator function with a focus on purifying the sulfites out of the wine
- Small, compact, and made of BPA-free materials
- Can purify up to 750 ml of wine per filter
- Wine filter
- Effectively removes sulfites from the wine, giving you a cleaner glass with a fuller taste
- Easy to use and clean, and offers a mess-free experience
- Filters need to be replaced frequently, especially if you go through multiple bottles a month.
- Very expensive for the size, and you must constantly purchase filters.
Soiree In-Bottle Wine Aerator
This wine aerator is a spectacular addition to any bottle of wine. It attaches directly to the opening of the bottle, and, when you pour out a glass, the wine bounces around the open space. This glass bubble aerates the wine as it moves toward the opposite opening, allowing for a simple, mess free experience. Because this aerator doesn’t have a lot of confusing parts, it’s also incredibly easy to clean.
- Hand blown glass is food and drink safe.
- Attractive design doesn’t detract from fancier dinners and dates
- Incredibly effective aeration
- In bottle aerator
- You can choose how much the wine aerates by how much you tip the bottle.
- Easy to clean, easy to use.
- Virtually mess free.
- Not always mess free, especially when inverting the bottle for maximum aeration.
WAERATOR Instant 1-button Aerator
Imagine a drip-free solution for pouring wine and aerating it at the same time, without lifting the bottle. It seems like magic, but that’s exactly what the Waerator is designed to do. With just the push of a button, wine is drawn up through the mechanism, through the aerator held, and out of the bent spout into your glass. It’s like a water fountain for fancy people, and it’s filled with wine!
- Airtight rubber seal allows for fresh wine throughout the night
- Made of high-quality, food-grade materials for a safe drinking experience
- Easy to clean
- No more stray drips of wine from pouring
- Push button while the mechanism is under water to allow for quick, effortless cleaning.
- Great price for fantastic aeration.
Menu Wine Breather Carafe
If you can’t decide whether you want an aerator or a decanter, you can have both in this handy bottle carafe. Simply by attaching the top of the carafe to the opening of the bottle, you can directly pour the wine into the carafe’s basin, fully aerated and ready to serve. When all the wine is poured out, you can either serve wine from the carafe itself or pour the wine back into the bottle. This is a great product that does double duty!
- Can be either a decanter or an aerator.
- Easy to use design ensures that wine goes where it needs to
- Made of food-grade materials
- Aerates wine before serving, and can be used as a decanter or just as an aerator
- Easy to clean, use, and store
- Stylish design, lightweight product
Vinturi V1010 Essential Wine Aerator
A different take on wine aeration, the Vinturi V1010 is an acrylic stand that goes over the wine glass. When wine is poured through the top of this aerator, wine is introduced at just the right amount, allowing for maximum aeration in mere seconds of pouring. Easy to use and easy to clean, this is the ideal aerator for any casual setting.
- Small area of operation; the Vinturi stands at 6 inches tall by 2 inches wide
- Made of food-grade acrylic.
- Allows for near-instant aeration
- Easy to clean and store
- Many customers have reported fold lines extending from the air holes, which may be unsightly.
Vintorio Wine Aerator Pourer
This wine aerator by Vintorio is ideal for a quick glass of wine without the hassle of waiting for a decanter. It attaches directly to the bottle, allowing the wine to flow through quickly and easily while also introducing air as it pours. Ideal for pouring a soft, ready to drink wine directly from the bottle.
- FDA-approved materials, from the rubber stopper to the acrylic spout.
- No-drip design keeps your table clean of drips
- Pour spout allows wine to flow effortlessly from bottle to wine glass
- Efficiently introduces air into the wine as it pours into the glass.
- Hard to clean effectively.
Mixologist World Wine Decanter/Carafe Set
Traditional design meets an elegant flair in this wine decanter set. Made of thick, lead-free glass, this is a sturdy contender to other decanters on the market. Holds a 750 ml bottle of wine easily, and the wide wine basin allows for optimal wine aeration with very little effort. The wide top allows for wine to be poured in and out with very little mess, and cleaning it is easy with the included decanter cleaning tool.
- Thick, hand-blown glass ensures a long lasting product
- Cleaning brush and drying stand both included
- Holds and aerates a full bottle of wine easily.
- Thick glass to minimize cracks and breaks
Bella Vino Wine Decanter
Like the WSBEos wine decanter ,this product by Bella Vino features two openings for pouring wine in and out. The curved design allows wine to aerate through both ends, and the basin at the bottom holds wine in a decorative fashion while it settles .It does feature a much taller base, with more area to aerate the wine, making this a prime choice for wine-lovers looking for a decorative and alluring decanter.
- High-grade, lead-free crystal ensures that your wine is safe while it sits in the decanter
- Easy pour ensures wine goes in the glass, not anywhere else.
- Functional and decorative.
- Holds up to 750 ml of wine without issue
- Works very well as a decanter
- Hard to clean and dry effectively.
Wuudi Wine Decanter
Another crystal decanter, this time from Wuudi. This simple, yet elegant solution for decanting wine is perfect for every occasion. A wider top for pouring in and out narrows to through the neck, causing the wine to run along the sides. Finally, it falls into a very wide basin where the air can optimally touch a wide surface area. Great for long evenings with guests!
- 100% Lead free, hand blown crystal
- Tipped spout for minimal dripping while pouring
- Wide base can offer aeration for standard sized 750 ml wine bottles
- Lead free crystal allows safe drink storage
- Can hold up to 1500 ml for parties and large gatherings
- Elegant, yet simple design matches all interior decor
Brew to a Tea Wine Decanter with Drying Stand
This wine decanter has a more traditional decanter design, with the narrow, fluted top and a wide basin for storing wine, and giving it optimal air exposure. It is made of glass and finished for safe drink consumption. This wine decanter is also capable of holding up to 1800 ml of liquid, and can offer optimal surface area for a whole 750 ml bottle worth of wine.
- Standard glass decanter with elegant style for any occasion
- Comes with coated wire drying stand to aid with storage and drying
- Can hold up to 1800 ml of fluid
- Easy to clean,
- Optimal air exposure for a standard bottle of wine.
WBSEos Wine Decanter
The WBSEos wine decanter is an interesting table-piece that is both functional and decorative. With a wider opening for pouring wine in, and a much narrower spout for pouring wine out again, this is definitely a decanter to consider for your next get-together or gathering. Made of 100% lead-free crystal, it’s completely food-and-drink safe.
- Stylish, curved design is a great conversation starter
- Easy to pour wine out into glasses, or back into the bottle for storage
- 1500 ml wine capacity
- Easy pour spout ensures mess-free wine experience
- Lead-free crystal is safe for long term use.
- Difficult to clean and dry
- Wine surface area in decanter is very small.
Godinger Whiskey Globe Decanter
Decanters aren’t just for wine; this Godinger decanter works perfectly for your whiskey, wine, or any other beverage that needs decanting. The product features a glass boat on the inside, and detailed etching around the outside for extra flair. When not in use, this decanter rests on the included wooden stand, which doubles as a display stand for parties or gatherings. This particular product comes with 4 matching glasses, all similarly etched in the same globe design.
- 850 ml decanter capacity
- Decorative and functional
- Matching glasses
- Holds any liquid, not just whiskey.
- Easy to store; display on the counter or tuck it on a shelf when not in use.
- Comes with matching glasses.
- Surface area for decanting is very small, making it less efficient than traditional decanters
Le Chateau Wine Decanter
This product is exactly what you would expect in a wine decanter. It is made of 100% hand blown crystal, which gives it a stunning shine even when not in use. The wider spout is shaped in such a way that pouring wine out of the decanter is easy and mess free, while the narrow neck and full, wide basin ensures that your wine gets the full effect of the decanting process. This wine decanter is also 100% lead free, a plus for people who worry about contaminants coming into contact with consumables. Le Chateau’s wine decanter can easily hold and aerate a full 750 ml bottle of wine with ease, allowing the air to touch a wider surface area than competitors.
- Holds up to 750 ml of wine.
- Made of lead-free crystal
- Designed to allow air to hit the wine while pouring as well as at rest.
- Wide, open basin gives a great area of exposure.
- Spout allows for quick, easy, and mess-free pouring.
- Thick crystal exterior for stability
- Washing and drying can be a hassle, as the neck is only about 2 inches wide.