Even though there are not many differences between the functionality of single DINS and double DINS, increasingly more people go for the latter simply because is convenient.
If their car already comes with a double din head unit why change the format? Not to mention that switching from a double to a single is rather tricky. Here he will review the best double DIN stereos at an affordable price.
The DIN comes from the German standards organization that came up with the original standard car head units, and that’s one of the reasons why many people still call it a double DIN radio instead of stereo, even though it’s the same thing.
But what are some attributes to keep an eye on when searching for the best double din stereo?
It comes naturally that the most important aspect is the sound quality. Why would you even replace your standard stereos if not for an enhanced performance?
At first glance, the majority of double din head units share some basic aspects. Which for a new customer roughly translates to “they all look the same”.
As a matter of features, the best double din car stereo for you is simply the one that satisfies your expectations for this particular product.
Like the power of it, for example. Double dins are wonderful for those searching for strong head units. All of them usually have a peak power, which is the ability to go up in bursts. However, a strong peak power will surely increase the chances of your stereo busting. So, for double dins it’s best to focus on the RMS, that shows the way energy can be regulated for a longer period.
The display also is a personal preference most of the time. Large, adjustable, with multiple color themes, there are many possibilities that come for this feature.
Some people just want an easy to use double din head unit and that is understandable, and simply done. They are generally easy to install and they offer many practical benefits like hands-free control, the ability to connect to other devices and some also have auxiliary inputs for USBs or other devices.
Keep on reading to find out what double din radio best satisfies your desires from quality to affordable price and appealing features.
BOSS Audio Car Double DIN Stereo
It might be considered a cheap double DIN car stereo, compared to other products available on the market. It has a digital LCD monitor controlled via touchscreen technology. A wireless remote can take care of this aspect if you’d rather prefer it over the touchscreen. Via Bluetooth, it can connect to your mobile phone and even stream audio from compatible devices. It has plenty of auxiliary inputs, from a USB port to an SD card port and an AV to connect to your other devices without a problem. You also have the possibility to expand your system with a maximum of 3 amplifiers.
- Touchscreen digital monitor
- Outputs up to 80 watts x4 power
- Comes with in-built Bluetooth
- Multiple inputs for auxiliary
- RDS tuner
- Double DIN
- Is compatible with smartphones and other devices
- It supports SD memory cards
- Can be controlled via wireless remote
- A very appealing warranty of 3 years
There seem to be some problems with the internal software, but nothing that can’t be resolved by a proper installation and responsible use.
Regetek Double Din Car Stereo Head Unit with Rearview Camera
An affordable double din head unit that comes with the most coveted features for such product. It can be controlled by a wireless remote, steering wheel controls or by simply using the Touchscreen incorporated monitor. It also comes with a high definition rearview camera that can always be of use. The USB And the Auxiliar inputs are built in, while the subwoofer has an output. It has an incorporated Bluetooth function and is compatible with smartphones, tablets and other devices like mp3s. Its main appeal is the wide variety of functions at a decent price.
- Maximum output power of 50Watts
- 7 inch Touch Screen
- It has both Aux and AV inputs
- Implemented with Bluetooth for hands-free functions and wider connection to other devices
- High- definition rearview camera
- Great quality-price balance
- It has RCA plugs for subwoofers
- It comes with a TF memory card slot
- Options for regulating the sound
- Can be a little harder to install, and some vehicles might require a special kit to successfully position it
Pioneer FH Double Din Head Unit
This Pioneer model is one of the best double din head unit for the money, available for purchase. It’s perfect for those that like to customize it more, offering up the possibility of choosing between multiple color themes. It comes with Pioneer’s signature Mitrax technology, that creates an ongoing mix of your library, along with an interesting list of sound effects. Bluetooth and auxiliary inputs are available, but this product also brings along the possibility of controlling your via compatible apps. The general design is also very enticing, and dust-free.
- 50 watts power with 4 amplifiers
- 5- Band graphic equalizer
- Multi-segmented LCD display with multiple colored LED backlights
- Mitrax Technology and Pandora for iPhones
- Best double din for sound quality
- Opportunities to personalize your device by choosing your favorite LED color or via Pandora that allows voting songs and bookmarking for a customized experience
- The anti-dust design that’s a novelty
- Many satisfied customers thanks to the abundance of features at an affordable price
- It is an older model so, some of the functions can be considered as outdated for someone interested in the techie aspects of this product
Corehan Car Double DIN Stereo
This is a high-quality double din head unit. It comes with the latest 7 Android installed, which ups the multimedia game and bring up also a navigation system for your vehicle. It is as multifunctional as it can be, dealing just as fine with video as it does with audio, and being compatible with USBs and other devices. Wonderful for those voice calls or even a small karaoke contest, thanks to its internal and external microphones. It supports wifi connection, letting you download apps whenever you want for an enhanced experience. The screen is wide and HD so the multimedia aspect of it won’t go to waste.
- Android 7 Operating System
- LCD wide Touch Screen
- Comes with a navigation system
- Supports multimedia, wifi, and backup cam
- Inbuilt Bluetooth
- Offers driving assistance
- Excellent for both music and movies alike
- 2 Types of microphones for a clearer voice
- For the people that are used with their smart devices that run like a flash, this product will seem slow in comparison
Ironpeas Double Din Car Stereo
This product is by far the best cheap double din car stereo on this list. It has a steering wheel and remote control option besides the simple touchscreen technology. It is easy to use, with the, now basic, Bluetooth implemented for calls and connecting multiple devices. For some extra safety, it goes a bit further by having a rear camera and a video connector jack to ensure a problem-free parking. The video quality is HD to make sure you won’t miss any details when surveying the road or broadcasting a favorite video.
- 60 watts x 4 maximum power
- Widescreen LCD display with Touch Screen and an easy user interface
- Steering wheel and remote control available
- Compatible with images, audio and video formats
- It remembers your last tracks
- It has a remarkable lifetime warranty which says a lot about how confident is the brand of its product’s quality
- Very easy to use
- It will be harder to install because it does not a perfect fit for the double din size standards
Jensen Double Din Stereo | Car Head Unit
Another strong contender for the title of the best double din car stereo, that should not be ignored. The Jensen adds it all in prom practical features to simply remarkable aptitudes. You can stream both music and videos, using apps like Pandora, Spotify and many others, all with just a few swipes with your finger. It is compatible with most Bluetooth devices, allowing you to drive without worrying about your safety while answering your calls since it’s all hands-free. You can connect your smartphone via apps, and it comes with a smart navigation system that’s sure to get you to your destination as quick and safe as possible.
- Built-in navigation and Bluetooth systems
- Large, high-resolution LCD Touch Screen
- A variety of selectable background images and user interface colors
- Audio and Video Input
- Remote and Steering Wheel control
- In-built professional navigation system
- Customizable user interface and background
- Stress- free driving experience
- Customer support services could use some improvement
Pioneer MVH Double Din Car Receiver
Yet another Pioneer double din head unit. Newer and cheaper than the last one it comes with very similar features. With their signature Mitrax technology, Spotify and Pandora access, built-in Bluetooth and a plus of compatibility with Android and iPhone systems. It has a wide variety of applications but remains simple to install for anyone, thanks to the chassis small depth. This is a great pick for anyone interested in the Pioneer brand that wanted something a little different than what the last model in this list offered.
- Power goes up to 50 watts x 4
- Comes with app control
- Implemented Mitrax technology
- Compatible with Android and iPhone devices
- Smaller depth for an easier installation process
- Same Pioneer quality in a newer, more affordable version
Kenwood DDX374BT 2-DIN Bluetooth In-Dash
The Kenwood is a double din stereo that’s hard to pass by. It features the same Bluetooth technology, but with an enhanced sound quality and the bonus of easier to understand Android and iPhone controls. It does benefit more the people that use Apple products since it offers the possibility of using voice commands for Siri. Enjoy your music or favorite movies while driving with this handy and efficient device.
- 50 watts maximum power with 4 build in amplifiers
- Special controls for iPhone, iPod, and iPad
- Compatible with Pandora
- LCD Touch Screen
- Very useful for Apple products enthusiasts
- Highly customizable experience, with an abundance of color illumination
- Overall simplified interface for a simpler use
- It does not have the best Bluetooth function compared to other products on this list, so it requires some extra patience when using it
Pumpkin Android 9.0 Double DIN Car Stereo
This is a rather pricey double din heat unit, even taking the spotlight as the most expensive item on this list. But that price comes for good reasons as this provides an extra experience. It comes with the latest version of Android installed, and with plenty of space for downloading apps. A useful wifi antenna for better signal, cameras for both the dashboard and the rear, HD quality videos, and sound, and that’s just some highlights. The best thing about it is the almost universal size, as it will fit most vehicles in a breeze.
- Digital Touch Screen that’s color adjustable
- In-built GPS
- Wifi antenna
- Maximum power up to 50watts x 4
- Android 9.0 Double DIN Car Stereo
- Great for both multimedia and navigation
- Multiple cameras available
- The antenna that improves the wifi signal for better on the go internet connection
- The possibility of it being installed in almost any vehicle thanks to the universal size
- The price will with no doubt be a major downside for many people, even though the product’s features make it worth every penny
Pioneer MVH 6,2” Double Din Car Receiver iPhone
Pioneer double din head units sure take a lot of space on this list, don’t they? This is, however, the model that takes a coin or two more from your pockets than the others. Like the Kenwood, it seems to benefit more iPhone and iPod users as it is fully compatible with those devices. Although, through Bluetooth, it is capable of hands-free calling and music streaming. All in all, it is a nice addition to the Pioneer series and is wonderful for Apple lovers.
- Built-in Bluetooth great for streaming and voice calls
- It comes with a backup camera
- Compatible with iPhones and iPods
- Inputs for USB and Aux
- Enhanced call quality thanks to the frequency having its bandwidth doubled
- It auto connect to Bluetooth devices that are nearby
- Very responsive touch screen
- The screen does not come with a high resolution and people looking for a multimedia experience might be disappointed.
As long as you have your preferences clearly sketched out in your mind you should have no problem in choosing one double din radio from this list to suit your needs.
We have presented a multitude of the best double din car stereos on today’s market. From multifunctional smart devices to simpler but good quality sound products.
Whether you are interested more in a customizable experience or in overall efficiency, you are guaranteed to find what you need even in a remarkably cheap double din car stereo.
Just be careful to make sure that your front face plate is suitable for a double din head unit before surfing the net for your best options.